SPRING ISSUE 2011

Each issue will focus on women's experience, especially writing, yoga and everyday travels. Send poems and travel haibun to journal120@yahoo.com

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ghost

she wouldn't leave the house
bequeathed to childhood horrors
gossamer strands of  her hair
flayed out
touching walls
brushing dirty daydreams clean
memory was a quiet blur
beatrice lived in the attic
of her mind
making music out of silence

my neck hurts, was beatrice's daily prayer
mother made a sound deep within her throat
and then, "I know, dear"
papa sighed.



O.

3 comments:

  1. Hi O, I like-a-lot, the look of your journal.
    And your poem is like winter's snow softly
    falling and insidious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully haunting! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your beautiful words for me. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi ladies:

    thank you, Cynthia

    Indigo your entire blog haunts my heart.

    ReplyDelete